Thread: Football Season 2016/2017
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2016, 00:55   #295
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I was under the impression that when PL clubs played in competitions. Under the rules THEY HAD TO PLAY THERE STRONGEST SIDE.

I was listening to the Spurs game. And most of the players l had never heard of.

Surely, this is breaking rules
Typing in caps doesn't make your incorrect statement any more valid. Under what rules? Those rules were scrapped 5 years ago for the Premier League and have never officially existed for cup matches, Catch up.

Pretty hilarious that after a 5-0 win you're still finding a reason to appear here and moan. Guess we'll see you at the weekend for your anti Chelsea rant.

That aside, how does one expect youth to develop at top level if people have the opinion that cups should be the millionaires playing? I'll always remember fondly Tim Krul,current Ajax #1 got his first team football via the Uefa cup against Palermo some years back now as a kid, went on to get regular cup appearances and a run in the league which cemented him as Newcastles #1 Famous for funnily enough probably one of the greatest performances in a game by a keeper vs Spurs. Later being known as the guy subbed on for Holland a minute before penalties and going on to save two in the shootout, sending them through. Basically, from a few cup games to Ajax. That's the benefit of using cups against far weaker teams. Be fair.. It was Gillingham.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 22-09-2016 at 01:11.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote