View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:44   #39
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Give openwrt a try, if you need a hand give me a shout
Quick update, I took craig up on his offer after I gave up trying to get DDwrt to work (with his help) and sent him my WRT610N to play with, after a fair bit of fettling he's got openwrt to work on it and the router is now hooked up and working a treat so far.

The first thing the wife noticed was that her FB games run quicker and she said her lappy seems more responsive , I must confess my little netbook snaps web pages up a tad quicker too.

Her new kindle fire HD works a treat anywhere in the house, so all in all a pukka job and a big thanks to craigj2k12 for sorting it out and not giving up .

My only issue with the openwrt firmware is I don't see how I can enable upnp in the gui or find a dmz to open the NAT on both the games consoles

any tips or advice peeps
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote