View Single Post
Old 15-12-2018, 08:42   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Are we too easily offended? The Grinch ad on the iMax cinema has caused complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's worth remembering that the UK probably has the safest electrical plugs in the world. With a decently well made plug and socket, it's almost impossible to electrocute yourself unless you damage the plug or cord. With a less well made plug and socket, it's still hard, but not impossible.

Regarding these sorts of stories, I actually think they do damage to society. Ok, so most people just dismiss it as someone bitching about something minor, but there are people who lump this in with Political correctness with serious examples of abuse.

It's like the Matt Damon thing a few months back. I read what he said, and that was while he accepted things like patting a woman on the bum were bad, and should not be done, they are nowhere near as bad as serious crimes, such as rape, so should not be conflated. The backlash nearly destroyed his career, but he is right. If I were raped (and it is possible, although rare, for men to be raped), I would probably be quite offended to be lumped in with someone who got a pat on the bum, or an inappropriate comment.