View Single Post
Old 16-12-2008, 13:59   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media to dump neutrality and target BitTorrent users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bywater View Post
Just having read this and a bit alarmed. What will this mean to my internet connection ? I like to download and watch programs from 4OD and BBC and various other streaming media which I think uses P2P technology. I also have VOIP vonage service. Will these restrictions effect the quality of any of the services I have. What is the point of super fast broadband if the only thing you can do on it is read and visit web pages and the rest of the traffic is being slowed down in someway. Its really is pathetic and taking the **** to offer fast broadband and then restrict your the speed of the traffic to the things you use it for.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...in_bittorrent/

4OD, BBC and "other streaming media" does not use bittorrent. Neither does Vonage VOIP (or any other VOIP for that matter).

None of the things you do are likely to be restricted, so what this means for your internet connection is that your speed and quality of service will improve and go up. In theory.

Assuming that throttling will replace STM rather than be applied on top of it, I'm actually rather in favour of this.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote