View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017, 18:00   #66
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Thumbs up Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

I've just seen and loved it. There were quite a few twists, such as what Luke did with the lightsabre Rey offered him (I was totally WTF?! about that), and Kylo taking a leaf out of the book of the Sith, i.e.:
<SPOILER REMOVED - oops, sorry, didn't catch the 'no spoilers' warning until I read the rest of the thread, my bad!>
I honestly didn't see that coming. I'm amazed Snoke didn't, either...

But I'd still like to know who Snoke actually was, and where he'd been in the heyday of the Empire...and why Darth Sidious didn't sense his power. Plus I am not convinced Kylo told Rey the truth about her parents; if they and she were "nothing", how is it that she's so powerful with no training whatsoever, possessing an almost instinctual grasp of her abilities - as she showed in The Force Awakens; how did she know how to pull off the Jedi Mind Trick? How did she even know she could do that?

It seems too obvious an answer, but I'd like to think she's either Luke's daughter, or Leia's (perhaps conceived during her estrangement from Han). That ability with the Force had to come from somewhere. Or maybe there were a few Jedi survivors other than Obi-Wan and Yoda who had the sense to go underground and bide their time, as Olee Starstone did in the novel Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader...

I wonder what Rey will think when she starts seeing Force ghosts, as I'm sure she will? Knowing her, she'll likely try to brain 'em with that staff of hers!

Go, BB-8, go!!! He put Artoo to shame in this film!

One more question I really wanted answered: how did Maz acquire Luke's lightsabre?!

Last edited by Hugh; 27-12-2017 at 19:57.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote