View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 13:29   #14
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Coventry joins the Gigabit Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
On a (slightly) related note, I was walking my daughter's dog around Roundhay (Leeds) this morning, and the local streets were flooded with Openreach and sub=contractors' vans (and people) - there were at least 10 vans and 20-30 people working.

I asked one of the subbies what was going on, and he said they were putting fibre (and associated boxes) on the telephone poles in the area, and that when finished it was intended to have Fibre To The Home, rather than just to the Cabinet.

He said they are rolling it out all over Leeds, having just finished doing this in Beeston (Leeds).

We don't have any Telephone Poles in my area, so probably won't get it here.
I do hope they visit Kirkstall at some point, we have a telephone pole almost within touching distance of the house. We're so far from the cabinet there's no point in fibre, it would be slower than our extremely sluggish adsl.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote