Thread: General City Fibre
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 19:59   #13
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: city fibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
CityFibre is a competitor. It won't directly affect Virgin, although I guess a bit of local competition may prompt Virgin to offer better deals in time.
Fat chance, in the short term. I called VM the other day, explaining that I was considering moving to Vodafone/City Fibre. I asked if they might increase my upstream to 100Mb to retain me. The reply was, 'No.' Apparently it is possible on DOCSIS 3.0. All that is required is to set the config to that speed, but I guess the system couldn't support us all getting that speed.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote