View Single Post
Old 30-06-2020, 09:13   #856
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you misunderstand. I am referring to 'the police' as an organisation. I agree there are good and bad individuals within it, but the US police forces are remarkably undisciplined and do not adequately enforce any rigid code of behaviour on how to deal with the public. If they have any equal opportunities training, it is completely ineffective. Bad apples can just transfer to other areas with impunity.

Considering the police forces in the US are armed, the way they are managed is alarming.
Agreed. There’s little to no accountability, reinforcing a belief that they can act with impunity with little or no consequences.

The police officer who murdered George Floyd did so in public, in front of witnesses and on camera. Clearly confident he could get away with it. That’s not a “bad” police officer, that’s structural.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote