View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 06:00   #547
RizzyKing

Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

But can the DWP honestly say they didn't see bad assessment's coming from a company that puts people through an assessor's course no previous medical knowledge or qualifications needed making those assessment's. My assessor declared me physically able because i could move nine feet from my riser chair to the kettle in the kitchen if only saying it made it so I'd have paid her. She described my periods of depression as bouts of being unhappy and pain levels as perfectly managed by medications none of which reflected the answers i gave her or the fact i was sweating like a tap with snow on the streets it was anything but a warm day and couldn't move my right arm because of pain.

I am fortunate that i had a fantastic GP and three consultants who all made it clear that I wasn't fit for work and were prepared to state that in a tribunal if necessary but the assessment was a total joke and not everyone has the fortune of having a condition that cannot be faked or a medical team that cares. The system is broken it's not working and it's time it was handed over to the NHS yes they won't make assessments to fit a quota system from the DWP but then the appeals process would be hugely reduced saving a considerable amount of money there.