View Single Post
Old 22-06-2022, 10:33   #4157
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
What is interesting, as well as inevitable, is the increasing number of articles & reports detailing the role of Brexit in the problems we see today.

Brexit will leave workers poorer than they would have been and has damaged Britain's competitiveness, new study says

https://twitter.com/i/status/1539170022295277568

and yes, even Piers Morgan is discussing it:

You know its a real problem for the Tories when the Express starts whinging:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

This will become more of an issue for the Tories as the pain of Brexit seen in inflation, etc. starts to bite people who, previously, may not of cared too much.
I think one indication is that Brexit is not working is the fact that the government acknowledges that customs imports checks add increased costs so it is postponing these for years.

The Resolution Report which generated the Evening Standard headline Brexit will hit workers’ real wages by nearly £500-a-year is a powerful way of demonstrating the downside of Brexit in a way that a reduction in GDP does not.

I'm sure there will be many cynics who think you spent the day searching for bad news stories on Brexit. The reality is apart from bankers' bonuses, there are no genuine Brexit benefit stories. We could have had blue passports and crown marks on pints before Brexit, to take some of the more talked-about benefits.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote