View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 23:13   #4141
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Brexit benefit finally identified by the government!
Quote:
No 10 planning to tear up restrictions on City bosses’ pay amid cost of living crisis

Downing Street has asked ministers to ease restrictions on City bosses’ pay in a bid to show overseas companies the “benefits of Brexit”, i can reveal.

Steve Barclay, the Prime Minister’s chief of staff, wrote to Chancellor Rishi Sunak with a plan for “deregulatory measures to reduce the overall burden on business” and attract more firms to the UK.

One key plank of the plan included “removing restrictions on director (and specifically NED [non-executive director]) remuneration as suggested by the London Stock Exchange Group to improve London’s attractiveness for listings”.

But with the cost of living crisis and a squeeze on earnings hitting millions of ordinary workers, the proposal may spark controversy.

It followed intense talks between the PM’s Minister for Policy Andrew Griffith, the No 10 Policy Unit, Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng and Minister for Brexit Opportunities Jacob Rees-Mogg.

A copy of the confidential letter from Cabinet Office minister Mr Barclay to the Chancellor has been seen by i. It says: “I trust you’ll agree this is a more proportionate regulatory response and reflective of the new approach to regulation outlined in the ‘Benefits of Brexit’ publication in January.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote