View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 14:08   #10
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Norton and Malwarebytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Normally the free Malwarebytes is "on demand" only so there are no conflicts at all (or at least there shouldn't be). Perhaps it has given you a trial of the paid version which runs actively and so may be clashing with Norton.

Malwarebytes premium would (in my opinion) be a better option than Norton. Personally I use Avast free (which is OK but a bit prone to scare tactics to get you to upgrade), Malwarebytes free and Win patrol (also free) which monitors changes to the registry etc.
That's the point - there are no conflicts because I only run Malwarebytes when i feel the need to do a malware scan, and also I do it offline so reduce the likelihood of any conflict.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Norton, McAfee etc will never get near a PC I run.

Windows defender is really all you need, plus you could run the free MalwareBytes now and then.
I use a Mac so Windows Defender isn't an option.

I consider Norton to be the less worse than McAfee. I don't fully trust it as there always seem to be issues with it of one form or another.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote