View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 14:57   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Norton and Malwarebytes

A few days ago Norton 360 stopped working and it ended up being because Malwarebytes was also on my machine, despite it being the free version which only runs when i tell it to, meaning that there is no clash.

The reason I have both is because as I understand it, Norton scans for viruses, adware and spyware whereas Malwarebytes scans for malware. In other words, each looks for different things. However I took some independent advice which said that Norton 360 now also looks for malware.

Therefore I was wondering whether I need Malwarebytes in addition to Norton and if both programmes now do look for the same malware.

And also, if I was to turn on Malwarebytes would Malwarebytes also look for viruses and spyware which would mean that I could potentially get rid of Norton?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote