View Single Post
Old 26-10-2009, 20:33   #4
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of
Re: 20mb? More like 2 on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaad View Post
U won't download at 20mb .... 2 mb is a good download speed from what I can see everything looks ok. I think your just missinformed about Internet speed ratings
Mate, this is tosh. Sorry, but it is. I have a 20meg connection in Southampton (Eastleigh, not the Southampton analogue network of course) and I regularly download things at the full 20meg (I'm not talking torrents here). Something else is up with the connection.

Try removing the router (you'll have to reboot the PC to get it to connect afterwards, and possibly power off the modem for 30 secs). If that helps, are you usually connecting wirelessly or wired?
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote