View Single Post
Old 19-07-2018, 18:22   #8359
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Remember OB back tracks and changes like the wind , look how many dates he's given us for Sky Atlantic on Virgin , law of averages says he has to be right one time.
Untrue. A few years ago, I did say that Sky Atlantic was coming, based on a Broadcast report, other reports I had received, and basically, the way things were going at the time. I was proved wrong and I have often admitted that, but in my defence, I would also point out that sometimes, channels are about to launch, and then something happens at the last minute, and the contract does not pan out. This happened in the earlier incarnation of Paramount, and the listings were actually carried in the TV magazines, but it was pulled at the last minute.

So I may have read this incorrectly, or perhaps there were last minute contractual issues. We may never know, but yes, on that occasion, I was wrong, and I have admitted that more than once. What do you want, blood?

There is renewed speculation now for a variety of reasons, but mostly on the basis of what Sky themselves have said, including the fact that SA will be available on all major TV platforms (which clearly includes BT) and their stated desire to monetise their assets, coupled with the fact that the 10 year contract between Sky and VM comes to an end next year.

So if you disagree with my view that we will get SA next year, that's fine, but you won't be taken seriously unless you, too, are clear about your reasons for being so sure. I'm sorry, but the usual refrain along the lines that 'Sky ain't never going to give up SA' won't wash, given that they have already agreed to let BT have it.

As for your remark about back tracking and changing with the wind (sigh) I expect that is reference to my view that our conventional channels will disappear in time. I know that Denphone confuses the present with the future, but this is the first time I've realised that you seem to do this as well! Nothing I predicted there was due to happen yet!

Just for the record, those predictions relate to 2030 or thereabouts. Are you clear about that now?

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
He reminds me of a certain line written in a book which goes "The past , The Present and The future" although l can't quite remember what chapter he is currently on.
Well, Den, I have worked out that you have not yet got past the former, whereas I am definitely on the future.

C'mon, man, keep up!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote