View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 06:07   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

That was a vicious shot below the belt but off centre. Strangely Khan said as much and spoke about it sending a sharp pain down his leg. He did limp toward the rope so in fairness he's probably telling the truth and that was enough for Virgil to pull the plug.

Virgil was desperate to pull the plug earlier but unbeknownst to me how, Khan was still standing and trading shots. I'm confident he'd have been seriously put away eventually similar to Canelo. Khan has little to no boxing IQ. As soon as something came back at him he threw himself out of the window. From the first knockdown though Khan looked very hesitant and was losing rounds. Not something you want to be doing when you're a points fighter of course. Crawford merely executed the same plan as Canelo but was far more precise. Good performance from him. The low shot shouldn't take anything away from it. As above I'm not sure how many more clean shots Khan could eat up.

I'll tell you something about Khan though. He didn't see the shot that put him down and the same goes for Canelo and Garcia etc. When Khan stood up to Crawford and started trading shots he saw them coming and took them clean and kept going forward. Its the same reason he took Maidana clean and kept going.

Khan looked more confident going forward under Roach. Whatever Virgil tried defensively just hasn't worked and because of that focus he's really lost that attacking edge. Khan used to employ long hooked body shots, the same that put Maidana and Collazo on the floor, I've yet to see it under Virgil. It's all too late now of course. Khan might wonder what might have been had he joined the Mayweather camp when he was given the chance (opting to call out Mayweather instead) if anyone could actually get Khan to defend properly you'd assume it'd have been them.

As for Crawford. I feel like Spence is way more exciting and would rather see Spence prevail.

End notes. If they make Brook vs Khan, for the love of God don't buy that crap and make a hefty statement to Eddie Hearn. Stirring the public up into believing they actually want these two semi retired fighters to waltz off into the sunset with 8 million each. A spent Kell Brook vs this Amir Khan is really not in the best interests of British Boxing despite what he'd have you believe.

Edit: Just seeing replays and alt angles of the shot. Catches him off centre but shoots that cup up and through his nuts, a power shot uppercut. Nasty and can see why Virgil called it a day there, he's never coming back from that with the 5 minutes. For perspective, it'd be sending him out with pain down his legs and wherever else to be then presumably knocked out anyway sooner rather than later.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-04-2019 at 06:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote