Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 13:15   #1619
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Haven’t you read what I’ve said? JR has been voted in at Wokingham by people in the full knowledge of his EU views. They like him.

As to ignoring party stuff in Parliament, the guvmin’s mess is such that no Brexit respecting Tory MP would be worth a candle if they followed May’s whip.

As to no deal, you speak from a Remainer’s perspective; that should not be a basis for criticism of an excellent constituency MP.

Your puzzlement is a ridiculous and gratuitous sentiment.

Yup, I read it and you are (still) wrong. Redwood was voted in because he is a Tory. That's it. The only qualification needed was a blue rosette.

He clearly fails Churchill's three tests:

Quote:
The first duty of a member of Parliament is to do what he thinks in his faithful and disinterested judgement is right and necessary for the honour and safety of Great Britain. His second duty is to his constituents, of whom he is the representative but not the delegate. Burke's famous declaration on this subject is well known. It is only in the third place that his duty to party organization or programme takes rank. All these three loyalties should be observed, but there in no doubt of the order in which they stand under any healthy manifestation of democracy.

— Winston Churchill, Duties of a Member of Parliament (c.1954-1955)

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I was there to day outside Parliament Square.

The were stopping several groups merging.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

There is talk that Anna Sourbitch, and two other MPs are going to try and make a law banning negative comments against MPs.

if you can't handle the heat, I'm sure a shelf stacking job awaits
You have spelt her name wrong. Her name is Anna Soubry. In case you are not sure who I mean, she looks like this: