View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 18:41   #5122
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, that's just silly. There is far more choice available on the streaming services. It would be pointless subscribing to all of them because you would never be able to get through it all.

I have a considerable watch list as it is with just Netflix and Amazon, so why would I want to add another half a dozen streaming services to that?

I would consider adding the Disney+ Hulu service and maybe Starzplay, but that would be it.

If Discovery offered a service with good content on it I might go for that but ditch Starzplay (I would probably have seen all I want to from their more limited content by then anyway).

Most people will just choose the services that are relevant to them. They will have a huge choice for less than they are currently paying for pay TV, and don't forget that quite a few AVOD services will also be available without subscription.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

It may be that Disney will let the existing deal with BT run its course before offering the service, but just guessing to be honest.
It's not really the point that you couldn't watch it all, I could never watch all of the content on 250 channels, but it's reducing the choice available and increasing the cost if the content someone would want to watch ends up across four or five different platforms.

If I go into work on Monday and someone raves about something they saw over the weekend I'll probably have access to it. In the future there's less chance.

"Oh, sorry, only three of the six streaming services I pay £30 a month for match up with your selection and I don't have that one."