View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 18:21   #464
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
All I see are Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1, and they are both MPEG2, so they would have been there for a while. I don't see a "New" indicator on them. What are you seeing that makes you say they are New?

The S4C situation is weird, 2 SD versions, 1 Audio Description version and one labelled "Old S4C". Then there are two HD versions which are labelled identically and look identical and are both on the same multiplex, so the only explanation I can think of is load testing. Oddly there is a similar HD duplication for the new BBC Scotland Channel.

I'm guessing S4C has went HD only on VM, except for the AD channel, so I'm guessing it's just that the SD version is still on the network but hidden and relabelled as Old. The recently HD swapped Premier Sports 2 is still there in SD form so it's probably just how VM do things.
Don’t know if it is still the case, but the BBC used to block some sports programmes with rights issues from being viewed outside Scotland. The existence of 2 BBC Scotland versions, one intended for Scotland & the other for elsewhere would therefore make sense.

S4C also shows a lot of Welsh commentary sports that another channel may have rights to.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote