View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 20:55   #454
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
These temporary muxes are now slowly being closed and there won't be room for all the channels currently broadcasting on them. I suspect that the tiny amount of capacity available on Freeview will have shot up in price. If he can't find space or cannot afford to go onto a permanent mix, maybe he intends to replace his lost viewers with VM customers??
And then there's the future aim of Freeview being 5 main multiplexes rather than the current 6 (plus the 2 temporary multiplexes). Because of mobile broadband, etc, etc, blah, blah, reasons.

Though I recently did some rough workings out based on how the temporary multiplexes utilised their space with a mix of HD and SD in MPEG4 and reckon they'll get surprisingly close assuming all the SD channels with an HD version on Freeview get replaced with their HD version and +1s are deprioritised. But that's Freeview and this a Cable thread...so I won't go into it further.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote