View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 14:12   #4990
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
250 channels and nothing on. Some bargain.

Of course bundling keeps prices down. But that's only looking at cost per channel. When you consider that you are paying for all that when you only watch a dozen or so of them, you have to question whether that is value for money. Particularly when there may only be one or two programmes per week that you even bother to record from those channels.
You do have to question if it’s worthwhile but look what happened when they spun off La Liga and Serie A into Eleven Sports. £6 more a month for minority interest content. Imagine valuable content being separated and losing economies of scale?

Bundling doesn’t require me to watch or have any interest in the vast majority of the content available, just keep the price below what I’d pay for what a do want in a fragmented environment. Having seen Eleven Sports I’ve never been more confident that this is the case.