View Single Post
Old 25-08-2017, 10:07   #3635
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This is a few months old but it's a good article on how some Americans are finding cord cutting more expensive than their old cable bills.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...htmlstory.html

I suppose it all comes down to what you want to do to watch and do you want a DVR. With Amazon launching their Amazon channels here in the UK, and charging around £5 per month for the likes of Discovery and Disney Life, I can see how this might happen in the UK also.
The thing is, with a cable subscription, you need to pay out for the full package just to get the few channels you actually want to see. You can get more choice with a Freeview box and one OTT subscription, which will cost you far less.

I think people will coast between streaming options to get best value, given that there are no long contracts locking you in. You can still save money and increase your choice by combining Freeview with just one streaming service at a time.