Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2018, 15:36   #3198
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Deportation of criminals on human rights grounds come to mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2013...t-human-rights

You’ve unsurprisingly selected #1 from my list leaving us to assume that you can’t quarrel with my position on #2 #3.

I picked the ECHR as this is a good example of where nations cede sovereignty through international agreements outside of the EU. We have agreed for example to not allow trade in endangered species (CITES), not develop chemical weapons (CWC) or endanger the ozone layer (Montreal Protocol) Not mentioning the other points does not imply agreement with your points but I understand you position on the EU even though we disagree.

I guess from the link you posted, you were talking about the case of Abu Qatada whose extradition was blocked on the grounds of Article 3 (torture) and Article 6 (fair trial) He was subsequently deported to Jordan after Jordan signed an agreement to not use evidence gained through torture against him.

There is an inherent nature of human rights agreements such as ECHR or the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights that they apply to all humans by their very nature without prejudice. To state human rights apply to some but not others suggest that some are human and not others.