View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 18:45   #82
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Data Breach Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
Well so far I had my Facebook account hacked and just received a password change request from netflix
It's almost impossible to state that this has anything to do with Virgin, particularly if passwords are involved. Unfortunately usernames and passwords get hacked/leaked from all kinds of places these days.

Do yourself a favour, go on https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and pop your email address in - this site keeps track of password lists from the internet and lets you know if yours has appeared on any. I'd be willing to bet your email and a password you have used is on a list somewhere, leaked from who knows where. You can also sign up on that site and it'll email you if a new breach occurs and your email is part of the list.

There's actually quite a market for people's stolen netflix (and other site) credentials, meaning there's an industry of tools to automate taking those password lists and trying the email/password combinations on a bunch of other sites.

The lesson from all of this is don't use the same password on more than one site. Use a password manager and use unique passwords for everything.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote