View Single Post
Old 13-12-2017, 13:24   #3634
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, maybe that's what it is. I remember someone posting about Ride TV.

Just asked the person who gave me this info and he said that from what he remembers (it was years ago) a channel called Rural TV was on Freesat and got into financial difficulties.

In the end they teamed up with Horse & Country and put some of their programmes onto their Sky channel, in return Rural TV put some blocks of Horse & Country programming onto the Rural TV Freesat channel.

Does this tally with what you remember?

I can think of worse channels to put onto VM and I think that they show reruns of Black Beauty [COLOR="Silver"]
Yep. That's the one. They gave up on Europe & launched in the US for a while before merging with FamilyNet.

And they can re-run BB as much as they like (the UK made ones that is). Got the whole 52 episodes on DVD. OK so it was aimed at children & is a bit dated now, but due to its reputation at the time everyone that was anyone in the 70s wanted to be in it. The cast lists are an absolute gold mine of talent that moved on to much better things (John Thaw, Mervin Johns & Gwyneth Strong to name a few).