View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 20:23   #3462
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’m not at all upset. I’m rubbing my hands with expectation, actually.

I think you are trying to be clever, but we see through these answers. Because they are not answers at all, you are deflecting the questions. What I said is that the Barnett formula is worth £1,000 to every man, woman and child in Scotland. Scotland will have to find how to make up that loss if it left the UK as well as find the funding they need to set up their own government.

That’s a lot of money. And yet no-one seems to have a clue as to how to bridge the gap. However, it is one big financial burden we won’t have to bear in what remains of the UK. I say, what’s not to like?
Yet you argue vociferously against the prospect. I think you should avoid following me round the forums to get embarrassed in thread after thread. Streaming, Coronavirus and now Scottish independence.

You don't know enough about the subject to meaningfully offer any input, instead you offer age old tried and tested unionist tripe. 45% of the population saw through it in 2014 and likely more when asked next time.

You make the false assumption that Scotland couldn't reform the tax system or dramatically cut expenditure. Things like Trident are immediate quick wins, and aircraft carriers with no aircraft.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote