Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 20:43   #341
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Only for a short while. With the crew they have am sure they could easily upgrade the systems.

If there was ever to be a spin off it would be very short lived due to the fate of Pike. However I think the Enterprise and it's crew have been explored enough. As good as Anson Mount was in the role.

Gay drama? Starfleet officers are people too, and have personal lives. Why shouldn't a gay couple feature. Other Trek series have always featured the personal and love life's of the crew.

How many times in other Trek Shows and movies did the Enterprise end up on its own and out gunned yet always pulled off a win. There was a couple of Klingon ship's in the battle in the Disco finale. When there is a Sci-fi show set hundreds of years in the future I can't possibly say I have ever committed to realism. It's the unrealistic factor the lets me suspend believe and feel involved.

I personally thought this season was fantastic and a massive improvement over the first one. So many improvements, but I think they were getting fed up with fans saying they were breaking or ruining canon, so they started to fix and tidy things up and took the ship to the far future so they did not have any canon or events/characters/races they could or couldn't use. It gives them free reign to do anything they want.

I feel that's the correct way to go.