Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 19:56   #340
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thats good, setting the show in the 33rd Century means they have total freedom on who and what they encounter and don't have to fit in with historical canon.
I don't understand how that is going to work though, surely they are going to be at a massive technological disadvantage with everything they come across?
When I saw how it ended I was hoping they were doing a reboot, losing Discovery in the future and the next season was going to be all about the Enterprise with Pike et al. This season of Discovery hasn't done anything for me at all. It is too unrealistically Burnham-focused and the other characters are just hollow annoyances. It did my nut in that no matter how pressed for time they were and how dire the situation, we can always take a timeout for a two minute gay drama. I laughed hysterically at 20:00 in episode 13.
The battle scene in the finale was very impressive but there were many things which killed my realism factor. If you know the universe is about to end and everything hangs in the balance wtf does the head of Klingon empire only bring one ship and not the entire fleet and why didn't they tell Starfleet so Starfleet could send some ships? It doesn't make sense that two starships could hold off against all those Section 31 ships for so long and I would like to have seen more ships involved to make it more realistic.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote