View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 14:40   #5
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Is it possible for 2 Bluetooth devices to be too close?

Hmm, I've found a solution of sorts: both devices can now see my laptop, so that's acting as a go-between.

Next on the agenda is figuring out how to transfer dozens of folders containing hundreds of music files. It isn't really practical via Bluetooth, as you can't send folders - only specific files. But physically connecting the Fire 10 to the laptop doesn't work, as the USB connection is slightly different from the usual micro format - although the laptop can see the Fire, it can't see anything on it. This is a common problem with USB cables and non-PC devices.

I think I'll have to come up with something clever. I've ordered an SD card; it might be possible, I suppose, to pop the card into the Fire 8, copy the files and folders to that, then transfer the card to the Fire 10 and pull the files off it. I think that's possible...

- it is possible, and it worked! Result!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 13-06-2020 at 15:28.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote