View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 21:13   #9
kakapo
Inactive

kakapo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lobster 575 *#0^+!> @#~=

I spent weeks having pointless discussions with Virgin about this. I bought a cable from a web site recommended by Virgin (I still have the email where they recommended it).

However the phone will not communicate with any variant of MS Windows that I have tried. It is clearly stated in the manual that it does. I think the issue is that Windows has no knowledge of what has been attached to the pc. With USB, a device should 'broadcast' an identification string. Either Windows already knows what about that device type or you install a driver. (That's why you have to install the driver first before connecting a USB devices.)

In the end I gave up with Virgin. They even claimed if I used Google I could find people selling software for the 575. The only software out there is stuff to crack the phone so you an connect to another network!

Having read the UK Trading Standards web site I doubt the legality of what is claimed for this phone. Basically, if you sell something it has to 'do what it says on the tin'. This phone doesn't. Virgin Mobile are simply not telling the truth.
kakapo is offline   Reply With Quote