View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 17:29   #1
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Long shot question RE cab fixes

This is a long shot but someone who works for them may know the answer

someone left the VM cabinet open that serves my house and about 11.30PM Wednesday night my broadband went off and when ive walked past the cab going to the shop some scrote has decided to pull all the fibre cables out that goto the properties (FTTP area),

i rung VM up to tell them it the BB was out (b4 id seen inside the cab) and they just said they know of an outage in the area and it will be 24-72 hours for someone to investigate.

Ive not seen anyone as of yet go look and the cabs still open but does anyone know if this is an easy or hard fix and roughly how long it will take to be back online?.

currently using tethering but the signal isnt the best here and going from 500meg down to 1-3 is pretty shocking to the system lol (1st world problems i know)

not the best pic as it was night time but this is what it looks like inside

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12__rDGKOJqWhpt4sSorkvz9dzj2jf1YU/view

Part of me wants to go plug the cables back in (the cables seem to have labels with addresses on so i know which ones mine) see if it works again but i wouldn't have a clue if they have to go into a specific port and could end up causing more problems and delays so im being good and not touching what's not mine to touch haha

Thanks in advance Ash

Last edited by ash45; 05-02-2021 at 17:40. Reason: added a comment
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote