View Single Post
Old 20-03-2022, 16:30   #10
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Does hand sanitiser damage DVDs?

Thank you for the replies although I'm still unclear as to whether handling discs after washing your hands with handwash - there is always some handwash still on your hands no matter how well you rinse - or using hand sanitiser would damage discs.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Some sanitisers have "moisturising content", probably an oil, that remains on your hands after use. That could transfer to disks if you don't handle them carefully (by the edges only).
Thank you for the reply and that is my concern because with the best will in the world one is always going to end up touching more than just the edges of a disc which is why I am asking the question.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote