View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 10:49   #6
Thorski
cf.member

Thorski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fibre/fast internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Our FTTP is via the telephone pole and I didn't notice any upgrade happening. I just contacted the companies I mentioned above and asked them. Cityfibre weren't much help but Zen were really good so i went with them although they are quite expensive..
I had heard recently that some university were able to get fttp speeds from copper above ground but wasn't aware that people were getting these yet... Or is that actual fibre above ground? And if so, did they come and fit that fibre to the poles for you or was it already done?
As I said, I have never seen any company installing anything on our street.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
A quick search has some providers offering 30 meg in Pontypridd so I guess you are unlucky. I assume you have done a comparison check ? ( I know you are gonna )

I am guessing you do not have 5G, What is your 4G coverage like?

Strange VM has you covered and FTTC does not. You could still try the old 30 days notice and see if they will cut you a better deal but with less switch options they may not play the game
Some parts of ponty have really good speeds, some friends of ours already have fibre across town for example... But it's like this area of ponty has been forgotten about. Would they consider a rough area (and therefore less likely to be able to afford fibre) for upgrades? The back part of our estate is pretty rough, some call it giro city haha

I don't think we have 5g (don't have a 5g phone to test it) and our 4g signal with Vodafone is sometimes shocking, they can't offer us very high speeds either.

Have tried the 30 days notice a few times and I'm almost positive they know the situation as they don't drop the price by much at all
Thorski is offline   Reply With Quote