Thread: Amazon Lord of the Rings Series
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:05   #6
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lord of the Rings Series

I missed so much from the books that didn't make it to the films and The Hobbit had too much "added" and distanced itself too far from the book as a children's story. (Tolkein wrote LOTR because he wanted to have a go at writing a long adult story.)

They mucked up TOTR probably to include more female lead but the worst was treatment for Faromir and dropping the whole "Cleansing of the Shire". But then I read Tolkien for years, LOTR took me 3 days when I was ill - no TV.