View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 17:07   #50
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
You seem to have missed out this part of the report;

If, as a manager, you are unable to give 'legitimate, reasonable and constructive criticism' without making 'an individual feel uncomfortable, frightened, less respected or put down', then you shouldn't be a manager.
Just remember what I was trying to achieve. Namely, balancing Den's obsession with highlighting Patel's failings without taking the degree of provocation into account.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Absolutely, we get on.

But Den is apolitical so I am underlining this.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the Home Secretary's career history. But I do know that the news reports have said she broke the Ministerial Code and that if they do so, Ministers are normally expected to resign.

I have sympathy with her if she wasn't informed of her bad behaviour at the time, but breaking Ministerial Code is breaking Ministerial Code and this over-ruling doesn't send the right message out to the country.
I obviously cannot entirely fight what you've said because you've partially balanced it out.

Remember, I'm neither a fan of Boris nor Patel and, with the public being sensationalism hungry will see Boris's attitude in a bad light.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote