View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 15:43   #44
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: PM's adviser on ministerial code resigns over his advice on Priti Patel being ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My view would be exactly the same whatever party it was as whether one likes or dislikes the Conservative government is utterly irrelevent in this matter as you seem to everytime you are challenged about something revert to the old straw man argument.
What are you on about? I've quoted chapter and verse from the published part of the report on Patel.

The only straw man is your attestation to impartiality in your first sentence.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think some see political parties like football clubs - there to be loyally supported from childhood until death. I get the impression that Den, like me, takes a neutral stance and will criticise any party and its behaviour. Right now, it's the Conservative Parry in power so understandably, they will come in for more criticism and appreciation when they get things right.

But bullying should not be a party political issue in any case. It's wrong whoever perpetrates it.
Andrew,

We seem to get on alright. Siding with Den in this case ignores the mitigations stated in the report. Den is intent only on the narrow piece of criticism of Patel and has so far ignored the mitigation.

Outright bullying would indeed be shameful. But that isn't so in this case.

Btw, I'm not a Patel fan. All wind and no results to date. Even Boris is doing better - at least on one issue!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote