View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 17:12   #72
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
So how different from 2005 does today look?
The difference is that Cord Cutting was not possible then, but it is now (irrespective of the take up percentage). In fact cord cutting has only become a practical option in the last few years.

I still think OTA broadcast will not disappear anytime soon for the basic Freeview channels. And I see no reason for it do so, as it provides an inexpensive and efficient way for the consumer to time shift and advert skip when combined with a PVR.

It is the realms of Pay TV, which will be most affected in the future. Why get tied into a minimum 12 month contract with VM or Sky when you can cherry pick the shows you want from those only available pay channels using various internet services that have only 30 day subscriptions?

To be fair, it's not so easy for sports fans to Cord Cut; I'm just glad that I don't watch sports!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote