Thread: General New TV advice
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 16:40   #1
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
New TV advice

Hi

My Panasonic Plasma TV has given up the ghost and i now need a new main 49-50" TV for the lounge.

I have it connected to an older Tivo box (not the V6) and other gadgets like a blu ray player , firestick and apple tv.

Looking around there is a bewildering array of new TVs to choose from. Many by the same manufacturers with similar specs. My question is what's a good TV to pair up with the Tivo. At present I have no plans to upgrade to the V6.

I imagine picture quality is only as good as the source. So is it worth going for a Super UHD 4K Tv model or am I not going to see the full benefit of it. Would UHD be more than good enough?

For example I have looked at a couple of LG's (if only because I have a 32" LG in another room and am quite happy with it) .

Here's an LG at Currys in a sale £579 (at the top end of my budget)
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...60553-pdt.html

This is super UHD 4K , refresh rate 200Hz, with Edge Lit LED tech??

whilst this LG is at John Lewis a £100 cheaper
https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-49uj670...a-overlay_show

UHD 4K, a slower refresh rate 50Hz, Direct LED tech.

They look very similar in appearance. Both are Smart Tv's, Freeview HD, enough Connecting ports ...again similar spec. Both these Tv's have 5 years guarantee which i would like.

Should i save the cash on the cheaper TV or indeed any others you may suggest (maybe put it towards a soundbar or something).

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote