View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 09:38   #2200
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But where I struggle with this is the fact you keep telling us how bad the pay TV channels are , so that poses the question why bother paying ? Why not just use Amazon and Netflix with a Freeview/Freesat recorder. At least that way your not forced to pay to watch channels you have no interest in.
There is still stuff I want to watch on the pay tv broadcast channels - my point has been that the number of good shows on there seem to be diminishing. This last year was very poor, and yes, if it continues like this, I will not be getting a replacement for my V6 box when its time is up.

In my opinion, if Virgin want to keep their existing customers, let alone increase subscriptions, they need to do better. OTT services are the future, and VM would do well to embrace them, rather than treat them as if they were a threat.

However, if Liberty Global is going to be a millstone over their heads, preventing VM from taking the right decisions, it does not bode well, I'm afraid.