View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 13:26   #81
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: 3 girls going to Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
"Her child has done nothing wrong", YET. Countless examples of people who were cute as babies and had "done nothing wrong". Especially those who go on to be indoctrinated by others of their own kind. Islamic terrorists are not suddenly produced out of thin air, they are created by Islam.
Good god. Are you seriously saying that the child should be refused entry because it has done nothing wrong YET? Every newborn has the chance of turning out bad, just as every newborn has the chance of turning out good? Do you punish everyone in case they turn out bad?

Terrorism isn't an exclusively Islamic thing. On the contrary, the worst terrorists are often white, and not Muslims. The right wing extremists are apparently a far worse problem internationally, and we seem to be doing our utmost to appease them.

Do I think the girl should return. Actually, assuming the reports I have read are accurate, no. I am concerned that she still doesn't appear to think she has done anything wrong, and doesn't appear to understand why people are wary. However, we, as a country, cannot change our rules just because of one person. We cannot make her an exception.

This part of this post may come across as patronising. If it does, I apologise, patronising or offending others is not my intent, but I think society (this applies to everyone, but particularly to Muslim society) has a problem. The young feel that their elders are not listening to them, and not allowing them to question their elders. The young are frequently wrong, but so are people from every age group.

This is isolating the young from their elders and is causing resentment. Feelings of Resentment and isolation that various groups (including ISIS) have proved effective at using to radicalise people. I am not Muslim myself, but I base that opinion on talking to many Muslim friends.

I've seen several documentaries where they talked to people that ISIS groomed, and, in the beginning at least, when ISIS recruiters approached people they thought were vulnerable on social media, they just made friends online and encouraged people to talk about their problems, then offered a "solution", frequently promising a luxury lifestyle, the cost of which they didn't reveal, which ultimately involved moving to an ISIS territory and joining ISIS.

I think Technology, while being a massive help to us, is also a massive part of this problem. When I was at school, we were taught not to trust strangers, often watching horrifying public information films featuring kids being enticed in to knackered old Datsuns never to be seen again. Social media can force us to talk to strangers, but it also enables them to hide their true identity and we may build up a trust with a stranger who is lying to us without us knowing. That is not good.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote