View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 13:51   #4034
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Mick,

2) Why do you think the article is provocative? If you feel the article is provocative then please state why you feel that it is and don't shoot the messenger. If you can do this effectively then people's views on the article may change. Calling it crap does not generally work unless you're preaching to the converted which serves little purpose.
It's a thin veiled attempt, by the left leaning BBC, which really no longer holds a justifiable reason as to why people need a TV license to keep that thing going, cannot remember the last time I watched anything on any of the BBC channels.

That article is basically discussing Educational Traits as if it is some kind of scientific concept as to why people voted the way they did.

If we really need to know why people voted for brexit, the way they did.....
  • 1) They want out of the failing EU.
  • 2) They are fed up with open borders to all and sundry. Migration levels that were meant to kept to tens of thousands is way over hundreds of thousands, it's alright people saying let them in blah blah, people in the North of the country are fed up, because it seems those who live in posh areas, down south are not getting their fair share of migrants coming to live in their community and are usually the ones jumping on the 'let them in' bandwagon, cheeky hypocrites that they are.
  • 3) They want their Countries Sovereignty back. Laws made and created in this country.
  • 4) That we can freely trade with who we want.
  • 5) Our Fishing Industry was suffering badly and the EU fish quota being put on and other EU members coming in to our Waters to fish.
  • 6) Massive feelings of being left behind by Government, Northern Districts being badly under funded, areas being neglected and run down. Made some people consider voting Brexit a protest vote.

Plus many other reasons apply, it is nothing to do with levels of Education or how well one area is 'smarter' than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1
4) Please do not try and read my mind. My objective is to contribute useful discussion points to the debate. We all fail in this area from time to time but this is not one of those occasions for me.
I have no interest is mind reading anybody, my post was solely aimed at you posting stuff up, that went on about levels of Education with voters. We cannot keep blaming education or side stepping all the other viable reasons as to why people voted the way they did.