View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 16:29   #1
Morgrin
cf.member

Morgrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow Peak Time Broadband

I am on a 200mb contract and for the past 4ish months I have been suffering slow speed during peak times (down to 60ish meg over ethernet).

On numerous occasions I have contacted Virgin and generally got through to their overseas call centre who said they logged the 'Oversubscription Fault'.

Eventually I got through to a UK centre. Explained the situation as was told, I quote "well 60mb is quite good". This didn't help my mood, so after speaking to her manager arranged a engineer visit.

The engineer advised no problem with my kit, but didn't know what an 'Oversubscription Fault' was. Called the office who advised yea there are too many users in my area, but no fault had been reported. He raised a fault and said it would be fixed within 7 working days.

10 days later still have issues, called Virgin who advised the fault would be fixed by JULY 2019!!!!. The best they could offer me was a £50 one off discount, but in the same breath said my loyalty bonus had ended and my bill would be £15 more expensive!!

I was stunned by this reaction and as I was at home dealing with a bereavement I said to leave it and I will call back.

Any advice as to where to go from here please?
Morgrin is offline   Reply With Quote