View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:42   #18
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
.... no idea. Testing the waters, maybe??

If he is going to buy ITV, then it will happen in before the year is out. THe exchange rate is in his favour, but I'd expect a counter bid from BT to block him.

Oh!! and I forgot, another big reason why he might buy ITV now, their share price is down 25%...
Trouble is that Liberty Global's shares are down by a similar percentage as well. I suspect that like many investors, Malone won't want to invest much more in the UK at the moment due to the present uncertainty. He may feel that if he doubles his stake in ITV this will recompense for the losses he has made on the stake but I can't see a full-blown takeover this year.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote