Thread: Mesh Wifi
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 13:50   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Mesh Wifi

Depends how you want to do it, and how many cables you want to run

I got one of these a while ago : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's POE - so a single cable going to it (it comes with a poe injector if you don't have a POE switch).
Gives me better wifi than my router did, plus does other stuff (like a guest network).
At the moment it's just sitting on my desk, but I'm aiming to mount it somewhere - and possibly buy another one for another part of the house.

... but it is a commercial grade AP - so set up isn't as straight forward (there's an app you need to use) - and then you need a controller - which can either be running on your desk top (but you lose reporting facilities if your desk top isn't on) - or (as I'm doing) run the controller on a raspberry pi - which then gives you a web front end for reporting, and controlling the guest network
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote