Old 05-07-2021, 15:19   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Fibre Phone Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Hi folks

I have known it is coming eventually but recently been informed that the new fibre phone service will replace my existing phone line from August.

I know my broadband service is very reliable, and till now if there were any issues with the TV & Broadband then the phoneline would still work which gives me great comfort.

But now moving over to the fibre service any internet outage would include the phone as well.

Reason being I run a business from home and need the phone service to be reliable. From what I can see it is not a true VOIP service that you can forward calls and work it through an app, so if it is down forwarding calls to a mobile is not an option.

I know it will come to others eventually but with risk of loosing business calls and/or poor connected calls I am for the first time ever considering moving away from Virgin (for phone at least)

What is folks general feelings and experience of the fibre phone service and any feedback from current users would be greatly appreciated.
So they do let people know they're being moved over to VOIP then, that's good. Our phone is going off shortly, which I thought might be for VOIP, but it's for a software update as per SP. I guess we have a fair amount of time left on the traditional system then or they wouldn't be bothering to do this.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote