View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 02:52   #20
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

What I took away.

Opening round was jab and go, Canelo goes straight for the body, plan? wear Golovkin out, Canelo being the quicker of the two by far, Golovkin looked uncomfortable all the way till the fourth. Canelo boxed smart and was massively effective early on. Golovkin needs to land something significant to pick his confidence up. Canelo backs himself into the ropes and the crowd is excited, little did we, the crowd or the lopsided commentary know was that one moment tore down his entire fight. Golovkin lands the inevitable and when Canelo shakes his head, you know it hurt, he gets rattled and he's being consistently jabbed. All the way to the 10th round he takes shot after shot, the slick movement is gone and he keeps finding himself on the ropes taking jabs and hooks by the far more powerful Golovkin. Canelo looked absolutely shot at this point and Golovkin just doesn't stop pressing forward.

Canelo rallied slightly for the latter rounds which could've gone either way but as a fighter he looked beaten from the middle of the fight. He came to box and got way ahead of himself, put himself on the ropes, Golovkin finally got through and that sent GGG's confidence up and prompted GGG to put him on the ropes throughout the fight. Very stupid mistake for Canelo to make.

I don't know how Canelo beats him in a rematch. His boxing skills didn't do him enough justice to work his way out of being charged into the ropes throughout rounds. If he can't nullify that then I don't think he can win. In fact I'm confident Golovkin has walked away 'The winner' and in a rematch will start quicker and just pound on Canelo until he caves in. Canelo looked gassed from round 8 which was worrying, the constant movement needed to avoid GGG must have had an effect.

At the end of it all, Golovkin has marched through Canelo's best, tore up his game plan, made him look beaten and uncomfortable and the most notable point is Golovkin hasn't even landed his biggest shots.

Canelo is in real trouble regarding a rematch. Here's hoping it happens but given his absolute arrogance last night and being boo'd out by his own Mexican fans, I'm not sure.

What does Canelo need to do to win? There's really no easier way of putting it than, He needs a defensive hit and go display that only Floyd Mayweather could conjure up. Saying that, I'm fairly confident that Golovkin would punch straight through Mayweathers guard.