Old 30-01-2017, 22:28   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Could Quest be coming to Freesat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What is Quest?
It's a channel on Freeview that's owned by Discovery and shows a back catalogue of their previous pay TV material.

Sky have thus far kept it off Freesat by paying Discovery to encrypt it (AFAIK they do this with Dave too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I would say no until it is announced that Quest is actually moving to freesat.

Just my POV though.
I think it's ok to speculate on the possible outcomes of the current Sky V Discovery carriage dispute and how the outcome may benefit Freesat viewers.

I have a suspicion that UKTV weren't satisfied with their carriage renewal offer and only agreed to the price if Sky let them put Yesterday, Drama and Really onto Freesat and Home onto Freeview.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Quest is currently using a Pan-European beam (Astra 2E). If it were to go unencrypted there may be rights issues involved.
I didn't realise that it wasn't on a spot beam transponder.

I wonder if rights issues would be ok since Discovery make most (all?) of their own programming??

Also, they have been testing two channels off the EPG. These are currently showing time shifts of Discovery Shed and Discovery Home & Health.

I'm not sure if these are spot beam transponders, if they are maybe the purpose of these is to accommodate Quest and another channel??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote