View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 23:07   #425
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I didn't say Smithsonian had, sorry if it read that way. I merely guessed it had based on the promo ads I've seen a lot on TV recently and print ads in magazines and newspapers.

The interesting thing with all these TV and newspaper adverts is that there were no channel numbers in any of them, just platform logos.

My logic was that if they are greatly upping their marketing they must have a reason.

I also think they might have got the True Crime channel numbers from Sony (on certain platforms, not all) by buying the channel. You can't trade numbers on Freeview, you need to own the channels to swap numbers and the Freeview status page said True Crime was temporarily away (like Keep It Country/Spotlight), as opposed to closed. And on Sky, Smithsonian were one of the few obvious big (relatively speaking budget wise) channels at that end of Sky's EPG that would want TC's number. Two birds one stone to coin the phrase.

So sorry if you read it that way, I'm just reading between the lines.
I do hope that Smithsonian get a permanent slot as they are one of the better quality Freeview channels.

Travel XP is now testing on satellite with a testcard, but it's also believed that there is another channel testing called Food XP. A search reveals that this is an Italian food channel, so maybe they are bringing this to the UK??

No confirmation yet if either will be on Freesat, but i'm as sure as I can be that they'll be FTA, so could be manually tuned in if need be.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote