View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29   #15
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

Khabib tried to pull McGregor into it in the post match as an excuse and has failed miserably. He's being slammed by pundits and stars alike. It'll be very hard at this point not to withhold his entire purse, remove the title from him and suspend him for a lengthy period.

The actions they took this morning resulted in Both McGregor and a trainer being attacked, McGregor from behind. Fans in attendance were also allegedly caught by blows from Khabib. Police and Security alike are alleging Khabibs team assaulted them.

Whilst Mcgregor has refused to press charges in his own incident, that doesn't clear Khabib for the attack on his trainer and any subsequent audience members, it also doesn't clear his team assaulting police and security.

Media have the actual fight both ways. Some are calling it a mauling and demolition but I struggle to call a guy sat on you for the entirety of round one and two, an iffy third and a submission win a mauling or a demolition. But some people are desperate to see it that way. Khabib wore him out and actually landed a fairly cracking shot in the fight but opted to play this entirely safe. There's been no re-arrangement of the face though as claimed, no mauling to be found here. The reality is Khabib lacks real damaging shots on the ground against top fights and that's something he's going to struggle with when he has to move up weight.

McGregor looked surprisingly rusty and wasn't as fluid as we've come to expect. He hasn't got the ground game needed to offset Khabib if he wont trade punches. As for a rematch though I'm unsure, could always say McGregor has seen the best of Khabib but Khabib hasn't seen the best of McGregor?