View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 20:59   #661
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Stupid head and shoulders advert for shampoo claiming "Up to 100% flake free" Up to includes zero so not effective at all.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Another stupid claim from Harpic lime scale remover that it is ten times more effective than bleach in removing limescale. Since bleach is not a limescale remover the claim is totally nonsense.

Molar Hydrochloric acid is the definitive limescale remover.
Pffffttt - schoolboy chemistry; if you want to remove every trace of limescale (and anything else within a couple of hundred metres), use FOOF* (Dioxygen difluoride)...

https://corante.com/things-i-wont-wo...en-difluoride/
Quote:
Here’s how the experimental prep of today’s fragrant breath of spring starts:
Quote:
The heater was warmed to approximately 700C. The heater block glowed a dull red color, observable with room lights turned off. The ballast tank was filled to 300 torr with oxygen, and fluorine was added until the total pressure was 901 torr. .
And yes, what happens next is just what you think happens: you run a mixture of oxygen and fluorine through a 700-degree-heating block. “Oh, no you don’t,” is the common reaction of most chemists to that proposal, “. . .not unless I’m at least a mile away, two miles if I’m downwind.” This, folks, is the bracingly direct route to preparing dioxygen difluoride, often referred to in the literature by its evocative formula of FOOF.
AKA "Satan's Kimchi"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote